NZ Tree Grower – February 2017
- There was a time when the Government paid farmers to clear mānuka from their land. This article aims to help unravel some of the issues surrounding the source of New Zealand’s current liquid gold in the form of mānuka honey.
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – Feb 2017 – Manuka – A rapidly growing industry
NZ Tree Grower – February 2017
- The end of December 2017 marks the end of the Emissions Trading Scheme’s Commitment Period 2. All owners of ETS-registered forests planted after 1989, along with Permanent Forest Sink Initiative forests, are required to submit an emissions return by the end of June 2018. The emissions returns will be based on the change in carbon stocks between the last emissions return and the end of December 2017.
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – Feb 2017 – ETS Matters – Looking at the bright side of FMA
NZ Tree Grower – November 2016
- Many tree growers may have a vague notion that their carbon liabilities at harvest will in fact be less than the total amount of carbon they have claimed in their emissions returns up to harvest. The Ministry for Primary Industries provide residual carbon tables to calculate the carbon left in the branches and roots which stay on site after harvest. Residual carbon is, in effect, a delayed surrender of the carbon remaining on site.
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – In the ETS, is safe carbon really that safe? – November 2016
NZ Tree Grower – August 2016
- The Emissions Trading Scheme as we know it will be nine years old at the end of this year. Despite this, we are regularly working with clients who have been involved with land transfers and not followed the well-established legal requirements under the Climate Change Response Act.
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – Land transfers involving ETS – August 2016
NZ Institute of Primary Industry Management Journal – June 2016
- There was a time when the government paid farmers to clear mānuka from their land. What has changed? This article unravels the issues surrounding the source of New Zealand’s ‘liquid gold’.
Download article: Manuka – A rapidly growing industry
NZ Tree Grower – February 2016
- Reviewing the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme – The government has begun its review of the ETS and has released a review document for consultation. This article has been written independently by Stuart Orme. It gives some background to the ETS, the review and recommends why you should respond.
Download article: Reviewing the NZ Emissions Trading Scheme February 2016
NZ Tree Grower – November 2015
- The Permanent Forest Sink Initiative or PFSI forms part of New Zealand’s climate change response which was established in 2006. It allowed landowners to make a commitment to establishing long-term forest cover. In return they are entitled to receive carbon units for the value of carbon stored in those forests.
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – Nov 2015 – PFSI
NZ Tree Grower – May 2015
- Growers with forests still in the ETS need to be aware of a couple of deadlines coming up. One is the voluntary emissions returns for 2014 and the other is about Kyoto units.
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – May 2015 – Deadlines for the ETS and Safe Carbon
NZ Tree Grower – February 2015
- The ETS is alive and kicking, sort of. The latest advice from the Government is that the ETS is here to stay.
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – February 2015 – ETS alive and kicking, weakly
NZ Tree Grower – August 2014
- Retrospective law affecting the ETS – Bad government?
Download article: NZ Tree Grower – August 2014 – Retrospective law affecting the ETS
Copyright © Woodnet 2017 · All Rights Reserved