- evaluate the likely costs and returns of range of establishment scenarios
- compare manuka with other possible uses of marginal land including forestry and livestock options.
- advise on the financial incentives available in some regions to help offset costs of establishing manuka
- advise on the potential to generate additional income from carbon in some cases.
- $1900 establishment cost in Year 1 for tracking, planting and releasing (no subsidy) plus $40 per annum land rates costs
- break even will occur at Year 10 (0% IRR) at $50/ha/yr hive rental and a carbon price of $7.60 (MPI sequestration data)
- if carbon value increases to $15/tonne, by Year 16 IRR increases to 3.8% and revenue to $20,000/annum.
Contact us for an economic evaluation of your own situation.